blog background

Friday, October 5, 2012

Picture & blog Overload! Jackson Hole, parade, family pictures, anniversary

We continued on our family tradition of going to Jackson Hole. We ended up going September 14-16. We wanted to stay till the 17th but because of work we weren't able to BUT it was probably good because by day 3 all the kids were ready to go home which made us MORE than happy to get home as well haha. We had so much fun tho! I am just going to let the pictures tell the story, beware.. there are tons!

Day 1

We started it out by going around town, eating some pizza and swimming: 

[ see they do love eachother... sometimes ;) ]


The twins LOVED swimming. Those little floaties saved our bacon. We were able to stay in the pool for over an hour because they loved floating around in them. Lys had her super floaty life jacket on so she could swim around also. It was nice because we actually could swim somewhat unrestricted and it made swimming enjoyable :)

Day 2 

We started the day off by going to our favorite breakfast joint


Then we went to Jenny Lake and were planning on riding the boat to the falls BUT it closed early! AGAIN! I don't know how/why it closed earlier this year, we thought coming a hole week early we'd hit everything.. but no.. it just all closed earlier lol!

So we decided to hike to Moose Ponds. Once we got to Moose ponds we saw there was a trail that takes you AROUND Moose Ponds and back to base. So we thought that would be fun.. well... it was... until Lys had to go to the bathroom, I had to go to the bathroom, the babies fell asleep and got even heavier then woke up and wanted to eat and the trail just went on and on and on until we finally got to a road thinking we made it and realized we had to hike ON the road another mile just to get back to base and man.. it was a LONG... BORING... ROAD... and we all seriously had had it! lol... but once we got back and made it to the bathroom and got food in all our bellies it turned we all were much happier and looked back on the hike as... well... fun... but one we wont be doing again :)

[ you can see how smokey everything was, it was so sad :( hopefully next year there wont be any fires! ]

After our hike we decided it would be fun to drive thru Yellowstone.. we were bound and determined to see some cool animal this year!

The only animals we ended up seeing were a bunch of elk.. but that's ok.. we love elk and it was still fun :) We made some stops along the way to dip our feet into the water.



Day 3

We decided to do what we did last year and take a drive around Moose/Wilson Road. It was a nice little drive last year and ended the trip perfectly. This year.. it was EVEN BETTER!


It was a good day that day. As we headed to Moose Wilson Road we saw a coyote running in a field along the highway. Then we saw the moose all hunkered down and while there I heard rumor of a bear down the road. So we hopped in the car and headed down the road and sure enough there was a HUGE long line of cars with people everywhere. I knew that had to be where the bear was. A ranger ended up directing traffic and just kept traffic flowing. As we drove by and looked out the window the bear was literally just out the window.. it was crazy! Lys was so excited and wanted to take him home :)

Thus ended our wonderful Jackson Hole trip!

Welcome my new nephew!

I am quickly learning that I need to purchase my own lighting kit because lighting seriously is key! The pictures turned out cute but the lighting was horrible! We just took them in my moms kitchen and they just didn't turn out how I wanted.. but after a little photoshopping I got them to look decent. He sure is a cutie tho!

Parade

We have Lys enrolled in dance with LaShars again. She loves it and she definitely is good at it :) The first thing they had this year was the USU homecoming parade.

Lys ran into our room that morning saying "I CAN'T WAIT TO GO ON THE FLOAT!" I started getting her ready and she starts yelling "hold me! hold me!" I was like, what the heck! Well.. she ended up throwing up in the sink. I was hesitant after that to let her go in the parade but she insisted she felt better. We gave her pepto and she ran around chasing her kitty Custard. I figured she was feeling better, she said she was feeling better and off we went to the parade. Traffic was crazy so Devin had to drop us off 2 blocks away from her float and we ran the rest of the way. I got her on the float and figured all was well :)




When she finally passed by us I noticed she was in a red tumbling shirt and not the black LaSahars shirt I had bought her and I was wondering what the heck. Devin went and picked her up after and her teacher told us she puked all over her shirt, poor thing! A bunch of little girls with LaShars shirts walked by us after and pointed at Lys and said "That's the little girl that threw up all over". I felt so bad for her! Other than that she loved the parade and she did great on her little hand dance :)

Family Pictures

We have been in need of some family photos so we planned on heading up the canyon. My brother and his family told me they have been wanting some family photos too especially since their little girl turned 1 today! So up Logan Canyon we went. 




 I think they turned out pretty cute :)

Ours... I found... were a little more difficult.. we may have ot wait until next year to get good family photos. Trying to take photos of a cranky 4 year old and two 6 month olds AND trying to get them all to look at the same time.. impossible!
But here's what we got...


 [ I love when he sucks in his bottom lip like that ]



My brother and me!

7 years!


I sure do love this guy! We started the day out with the family photos. My mother-in-law offered to watch the kids that night so we went out to Chilli's and headed to a movie. It was so much fun! I made a little book full of memories and a cute little poem I wrote for Devin and left it on the counter for him to find. At the end was the coupon for dinner & a movie.

I just love him more and more every year and it was fun, and weird since we aren't used to it haha.. to just go out the 2 of us but we sure did enjoy the us time :)

Thus ends my extremely LONG post!


No comments:

This is my digital Scrapbook. And.. yeah.. i designed the papers and stuff myself :) sweet huh?

Elysa's Favorite Video! She asks for it by pointing at the computer and yelling "Apples!Apples"