blog background

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Date night and a little trip to the ER

DATE NIGHT

Devin got a pack of RSL tickets for his birthday and he planned this game to go to for just me and him ( usually we have the kids and other family with us ).

This doesn't happen very often... infact.. this was the first time we were this far away from the kids and the longest we have been away from them! And it was the first RSL game we have been too that was just us since having kids! I seriously missed them but it sure was nice to have just me & Devin time.

It was so fun! It made me realize just how much I love this guy! It took me back to when we were dating. I think we both agreed that it was well deserved and was really special. Sounds cheesy, I know.. but seriously.. we don't know what it's like to just be together just us unless we are playing soccer together.. but that's not the same. ;)






It was an awesome game. We ended up winning. Plus.. I got to watch the game!! haha.. with kids.. you don't see much of the game..


A little trip to the ER

I have been getting pretty bad heart burn this pregnancy. I was on Dexalant my last pregnancy, which is amazing! But this time my insurance didn't cover it and it's only $180.. ya.. so I tried other things.. zantec and tums.. they worked for a bit but then stopped. 

So the last few nights I had been getting really bad heart burn. So bad it would wake me up but I would usually take some tums and go back to sleep.

The other night was different. I woke up from a dream of someone holding a bag over my head and I couldn't breathe! When I woke up I just figured it was heart burn again and took some tums and tried to go back to sleep. But I tossed and turned and the burning got more intense to the point I felt like someone was sticking a hot poker thru my throat.. yes very unpleasant. So I decided to get up and walk around because sometimes that will work with my heartburn but I got to the kitchen, Devin went in there to make me some mint tea thinking that would help, and I pretty much collapsed on him. So he took me to the couch and I just could not breathe. My lungs burned and I had a horrible pain in my upper back and was really short of breathe and dizzy. I started having a panic attack and thats when Devin decided it was time to take me to the ER. He called his mom who rushed over and off we went to Cache Valley Specialty Hospital.

They admitted me in and started me with an I.V. and just started pumping all sorts of drugs and doing tests. They tried some heavy doses of heartburn medicine, that did nothing. The gave me morphine, which made me feel drowsy and loopy but still didn't take the burning away. So they ran a test for blood clots and it came back positive. They didn't have the technology to make sure there was a blood clot in my lungs, which is what they were thinking was going on, so they had to take me to Logan Regional and since they deemed this a "Life Threatening Situation" they made me ride in an ambulance over to the hospital. It was my first time in an ambulance and I was so anxiety ridden but the Paramedic was so nice. He talked to me the whole time and we found out he knew my old soccer coach, who was a paramedic, and that he had just retired. Also found out that he just went to Sun Valley for the first time to go biking ( I was born in Sun Valley ). He went to a bunch of places around Sun Valley that I grew up going too. Not many people have been to Redfish lake, Stanely, or Alterus, so it was fun that he had just been to those places.


Once we got to Logan Regional ER they gave me more drugs and took me to get a CT scan. That was slightly uncomfortable, only when I had to breathe in and out of this small tube with your nose pinched closed for 2 minutes. Longest 2 minutes of my life, I started to get so claustrophobic and seriously thought I was going to have to rip the tube out and the nose pinch off before the 2 minutes was up!

Once they had it diagnosed they injected me with more drugs and kept me around for a little bit until the tests came back clean.. then they sent me on my way..

It was a LONG night.. everything started about 11:00 PM and we didn't get home until about 6AM. We were both so exhausted. I of course took that day off and just slept all day.

What an experience.. one I never want to experience again but I sure am glad that they figured out the problem and I am doing good and am alive :)



1 comment:

Tara and Brigham said...

Glad you're ok! I can't believe that happened! Crazy. Also, that picture of you and Devin at the game is super cute. Sounds like you had a blast! At the game... not so much at the hospital ;)

This is my digital Scrapbook. And.. yeah.. i designed the papers and stuff myself :) sweet huh?

Elysa's Favorite Video! She asks for it by pointing at the computer and yelling "Apples!Apples"